In 2016, the York County Food Bank:
- Provided more than 2 million lbs. of food to needy individuals and families right here in York County.
- Partnered with more than 100 agencies, organizations, and churches throughout York County, distributing food and supplies to those most in need.
- Gave 283,150 lbs. of food to 5,708 people—an average of 5,444 lbs. distributed per week through our Food for Families Program.
- Had 15 school districts in York County participate in our Give a Meal program, distributing more than 1,500 complete holiday meals to families whose children are in the free lunch program.
- Volunteers donated 6,082 hours of their time in our West Princess Street center, collecting, sorting, and distributing food.
Our Next Steps:
- Expand support of the Emergency Food Voucher Program that allows those in need to shop for 50 lbs of food for their family.
- Increase the number of community drives being conducted and the grow the network of food providers, targeting specific items needed for distribution.
- Broaden the availability of resources that provide access to affordable, nutritious food.
- Raise awareness and promote call to action to assure that all those who are hungry are fed.