In 2017, the York County Food Bank:
- Provided more than 2 million lbs. of food to needy individuals and families right here in York County.
- Helped over 66,000 families in need find nutritional assistance through our continued partnerships with 115 agencies, organizations, and churches throughout York County.
- Through our Food For Families program we distributed 313,308 lbs. of food which impacted over 17,500 people in our community. An average of 6,025 lbs. of food was distributed through this program every week.
- Through our Give A Meal program, holiday meals were given to 100% of families in 11 participating school districts.
- 2,950 volunteers donated 13,870 precious hours of their time at our West Princess Street Center, collecting, sorting, and distributing food.
- Distributed over 10,000 boxes of food to seniors in York County who struggle with finding adequate nutrition.
- Through the generosity of our volunteers we saved $319,010 in wages allowing for an additional 100,000 meals to be distributed to those in need.
Our Next Steps:
- Expand support of the Emergency Food Voucher Program that allows those in need to shop for 50 lbs of food for their family.
- Improve our network of local farmers to increase the amount of fresh produce donated to the Food Bank.
- Increase our social media presence to ensure that those in need are aware of the programs we have to offer.
- Continue on-going renovations at our future home on East King Street in York City.